Saturday, December 24, 2005

First full day back in the homeland

I almost bought a house today. Or well, I would have done, had they not already been purchased by other luckier and more timely individuals. Damn, damn. They were both astonishingly great deals (I'm not going to tell you how fantabulously affordable, because I don't want you wandering down here trying to beat me to the next great bargain), and it is disheartening to see what I could have had... I think I have managed to convince my mother that I am completely serious about relocating to Waycross, so perhaps next time she won't dilly-dally and wait for me to fly several thousand miles before paying a visit to the realtor. Or so I hope, hint, hint.

That's pretty much all I did today, after recovering from my 30 hours of traveling the previous day (and yes, you can fit 30 hours into your day if you're traveling east to west from Vladimir to Waycross), wrapping presents and going to the grocery store. Ahh the excitement. Well, we did drive around and look at some neighborhoods with old houses, and found two right next to one another that are not (and have not been) for sale, but which were obviously empty. We're planning to stop by the property appraiser's to find out who owns them... then we're going to make them an offer. I mean, if the places are empty, they may as well sell them (or well, one of them) to me. Is this madness? Probably. But it's damn fun.

All right, I've got to install some software on my mom's computer so I can finish and upload the newest version of my site. Stay tuned.

No comments: