Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My last post from Russia

[This post is cross-posted with From Russia With Blog]

Wow. This is really hard to comprehend. It's not really sinking in that tomorrow I'll be in Waycross, GA. Weird. This won't be my final post on From Russia With Blog, although it will be my final post from Russia, at least for the forseeable future. I will continue to blog over here at
Jane's Daily Blah, and I hope that those of you who have followed my adventures across Russia will continue to follow me through the Georgia swamplands and across the Pacific to the Land of the Morning Calm (that being South Korea). I figured it up, and between the fact that I'll be leaving Vladimir tomorrow at 4:30 in the morning and the fact that it takes about four hours to get from Atlanta to Waycross, I'm going to be traveling for approximately 26 hours or so. That means I'm going to be essentially unconscious for several days upon my arrival. I will blog as soon as I can, although I can't promise exactly *when* that's going to be. In the meanwhile, here are some pictures from yesterday's final party with all of the AH teachers and staff.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The party was held in the backyard under red, white and blue umbrellas.
(Keep in mind, these are the colors of the Russian flag, too.
The US doesn't have a monopoly on the red, white and blue.)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There were lots of toasts.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Galya gives a speech while Vanya and Tatiana laugh.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
No, there's nothing wrong with your monitor...
the salad really was this color.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was delicious though. I'm going to miss Russian salads.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Glen, Jane and Misha
We always sat together at AH parties.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Brooke, Alyona and Britt


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Misha the Dog

(I realized that while I have *tons* of Gosha the Cat pics, I had no shots of Misha the Dog. Misha's a stray to whom the AH feeds generous portions of scraps on a daily basis. He did quite well at yesterday's party, as he got the bulk of the leftovers.)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Britt and Alyona brought their young son, Alex.
While we had all seen photos of Alex,
this was the first time we saw him in the flesh :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
I was surfing the internet in hopes of finding some unique pics of San Diego, California and came across your blog. Very interesting. I myself have long wished about traveling and discovering the world as you are doing. Maybe someday I will. The pictures and comments have definitely been both fun and educational. Good luck with your travels!
Maty