Sunday, December 17, 2006

Veteranarian in Daegu!

Since Mia is a special needs kitty, I was quite concerned about finding a *good* vet for her here in Daegu. As cats are not commonly kept as pets here, it's a lot harder to find a decent vet for treating cats than for treating dogs. I asked around, and was fortunate to get a referral to a vet who seems to be really good... so I thought I'd post this information here, in case there are any other English-speakers in Daegu looking for a good vet. The clinic is called Plus Animal Hospital, and it's located directly across the street from the front door of the Home Plus near Daegu Station. [The address is #381-7, Chilsung-2ga, Buk-gu, Daegu and the phone number is (053) 424-2455]

I walked in the front door and was immediately reassured by the sight of not one but three very large, fluffy, beautiful white cats, lounging around the waiting room. The vet spoke English and was very thorough. She read through Mia's records from the vet up in Seoul, and asked me lots of questions about her history and medications. She gave her the series of vaccinations she needed and placed an order for the exact brand and dosage of glucosamine that Mia is accustomed to. I was very pleased to find this place!

No comments: