Sunday, August 22, 2010

A hazy walk through one of my favorite places

Those of you who have followed my blog since my previous trip here to South Korea might remember that the Mangudang Park (also spelled Mangwoodang Park), located along Daegu's Geumho River (Geumhogang) is one of my favorite places in the city. (Previous posts about this area can be found here, here, here, and here.) I've been itching to go for a walk down there ever since I returned to Korea, and figured yesterday - the first dry day we'd had in a while - would be a good day to do it. Unfortunately, while yesterday was sunny and dry, it was also hazy: a pervasive kind of haze which makes one sweat profusely while turning one's potentially awesome photos into, well, crap. I returned home from my walk drenched in sweat, headachy, and without much in the way of decent photographs. And wouldn't you know that today - the day I'd set aside for such mundane tasks as grocery shopping, house cleaning, and laundry - is one of those days of clear blue skies and puffy white clouds. No haze in sight. Ahh well, c'est la vie. Anyway, below are the few shots I was able to salvage - and even that I was only able to do by turning them into black and white so that the nasty haze-colored sky is invisible.

Mangudang Park

Mangudang Park

Mangudang Park

Daegu's Old South Gate (replica)

3 comments:

The Sanity Inspector said...

No no, they're fine! A hazy day cuts down on sharp shadows, giving the shots a nice soft feel. I enjoyed them!

annie said...

Thanks! Of course, you didn't see the colored versions with the nasty colored sky....

stekome said...

http://kratosellas.blogspot.com blog from greece