Monday, July 03, 2006

I have my suitcase!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my suitcase has arrived, hand delivered this afternoon! I must say that even though it was a tad inconvenient to have the bag delayed, its quick delivery was quite impressive – and a definite contrast to my lost suitcase experiences with Aeroflot (here and here). Hooray for Air France! Did I mention how yummy their airline food was? Anyway...

Nothing overly exciting in Jane news from Waycross other than the arrival of my suitcase. Mom and I spent several hours today working on my house. We went over there early this morning and unloaded the van-full of stuff that we snagged from Frank’s yesterday. We returned this afternoon and I worked on organizing the various boxes of my junk and mom worked on the living room - sweeping, mopping, arranging rugs and furniture, etc. Even though there’s very little furniture in the living room, it looks great. And, as it has the rug which was on the floor of my former home in FL for many, many years it feels like home already.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(We're going to have the curtains shortened, don't worry!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We got that shelving unit from Kathy yesterday.
It's supposed to hold a TV...
but even my tiny TV only fits on the top shelf!

1 comment:

Matt Mason said...

Glad you have your feet back on the ground, Jane. It's nice to have your stuff as well. Looks like you're settling in nicely, and it makes me happy.

Don't get too used to it! Korea's up next!

~Matt~