Monday, August 11, 2008

Some photographs from Bishkek

Yesterday the temperatrure was in the upper 80s (F), which might be hot, but compated to the 100+ temps we've had lately, it felt wonderful. I went for a nice long walk around the city center, taking pics of various things I hadn't yet photographed. Enjoy!

Photobucket
Who needs McDonald's or Burger King (Bishkek has neither) when you can have Mac Burger?

Photobucket
I am in love.

Photobucket
Monument to those who died in WWII

Photobucket
One of the many bizarre sculptures in Dubrovy Park

Photobucket
Erkindik (freedom) replaced Lenin in Bishkek's main square

Photobucket
Manas, the epic hero of Kyrgyzstan, rides his horse in front of the Philharmonic

Photobucket
A closer look at Manas

Photobucket
This park is located next to the Philharmonic

Photobucket
Same park as seen from the other end.

Photobucket
Cool building. Don't know what it is though.

Photobucket
Obviously, I took many flower pics.

Photobucket
:-)

Photobucket
Although I think my favorite flower pic was of this dead flower...

Photobucket
Back at home, Lucy is long suffering.
You'd think they were mother and daughter or sisters from the way they act.












4 comments:

rachel atwood said...

Wow, Heelix has grown a ton since I saw her! I guess Lucy will be 'the little one' again soon :)

greenscape said...

Great pictures. I hope tou are having a nice time teaching english in Bishkek., Kyrgyzstan.
Love the picture of the cats. I hope you like your stay there. I know you're enjoying it.

Hope we can be friends

Anonymous said...

Your kitties are so sweet. Next time you're in LC you should meet my parents' new kitties (now 2-3 years old).

Unknown said...

LOL, after seeing the photo of that green car I could see you driving nothing else.

Hope you are doing well =)