Friday, March 09, 2007

Meme me!

Brooke, the fearless moose photographer extraordinaire, has memed me. So here goes:

1. One book that changed your life: Mama Day by Gloria Naylor

2. One book you have read more than once: Are you kidding me? I am a serious re-reader, so pretty much if I liked it, I'll read it more than once. Especially if I'm overseas where reading materials are few and far between. So, um, any.

3. One book you would want on a desert island: The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien

4. One book that made you laugh: Life With Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse

5. One book that made you cry: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

6. One book you wish had been written: The WD40 Story. That's the book I'm "writing" although I don't think one can use present continuous for something one hasn't worked on in over a year.

7. One book you wish had never been written: The Book of Revelations.

8. One book you are currently reading: Running With Reindeer: Encounters in Russian Lapland by Roger Took

9. One book you have been meaning to read: Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. It's been sitting on my shelf since September.

10. This is the part where I'm supposed to tag five people.... but, um.... how about I tag all of you cats? Consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

See, I reread pretty much every book I read in Russia (except War and Peace, which took a couple months), so I wasn't sure how to answer that question either. I've got favorites that I've read a dozen times. Doesn't everyone do that?

Anonymous said...

You recommended The Historian a while back, and I liked it, so I'm going to try out Life with Jeeves. I need a good laugh.

On music, have you ever listened to Erin McKeown. She is wonderful. I'd start with Distallation and if you like that one move on to others. The song "Blackbirds" is one of the coolest songs ever.

annie said...

Brooke - while I can't imagine *not* rereading books, my mom is one of those people who never does.

Bob - thanks for the tips! Hope you enjoy Life With Jeeves :-)

Unknown said...

i have been meaning to read pynchon for flippin years. i need to get on that.