Monday, January 07, 2008

I don't really have time to be blogging....

I just finished my very first class here in Bishkek, and it went quite well... and I have a few hours before my next classes. What I really need to be doing is planning tomorrow's lessons and eating some lunch, but of course, I'm in the internet cafe instead. I took a bunch of photos yesterday, but I don't really have time to post them here and to blog about them, although I promise I *will* get to that soon. Meanwhile, you can look at all of them here (click "next" to get to the next image), or you can simply check out the few below and patiently await the arrival of the rest of them.

Photobucket
The London School
The bluish-grey building on the left is the school,
teachers' apartments are in the grey building to the right.


Photobucket
My classroom!

Photobucket
Mountains in the distance

Photobucket
Again with the mountains.
I can't wait to get a shot on a clear day!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like another world and time! How exciting. Glad to hear that your class went well. Any takers on the podcast request? Alex says that he'll collect the podcasts and burn them to CD if I'll mail them. Let us know, though knowing me these days they may not be that punctual.

Anonymous said...

Also - Is picture number 17 Kimchi?

Melissa

annie said...

almost kimchi, but not quite... see above post!