Sunday, January 13, 2008

snegariffic!

Sneg means snow, and today it's snowing away. I should be planning my lessons for tomorrow, but instead I've braved the elements to come to the internet cafe in order to share the miscellany of my past week with you.

Photobucket
On Wednesday, I got to pick up my official certificate of AIDS-lessness
Photobucket
I decided to rearrange my bedroom in an attempt to make it more homey.
Not sure that I succeeded.

Photobucket
I removed the rather gross rug from my living room/kitchen floor. This picture was taken after I'd swept THREE times. I kid you not. It was filthy under there.
Photobucket
So filthy, in fact, that I had to get on my hands and knees and attack the floor with cleaner.
Photobucket
On Saturday, some of Katie's friends (Katie is a fellow teacher at TLS) made plov. They're from the city of Osh in southern K-stan, and claim that therefore they make the best plov.

Photobucket
Plov. Yum.
Photobucket
Our plov-eating party
Photobucket
My favorite Russian chocolate ever... readily available in Bishkek!
Photobucket
I caught Bagira mid-yawn. Don't let her scary teeth fool you... she's a sweety.

8 comments:

lisamoon said...

so tell us, dear jane, what's in plov? you sure cleaned up that floor in your room. so shiny! i'm glad your cat is sweet because from the upside down thorny teeth vantage point, she almost looks like a cactus or man-eating plant. best to you, lisamoon

Anonymous said...

I've been out of the game for a while, so I'm not sure, but I hear all the kids do the online dating thing now. I'll bet if you posted your AIDS-free certificate next to your pic you'd get a TON of hits!

BRY said...

the chocolates look nice! hmmm..gonna get one for myself too ....you living in russia? nice cat!

annie said...

the plov that we had was rice, lamb, carrots, tons of garlic, and some assortment of spices. and yes, it is very much like what we in the US call pilaf - or, if you're from the deep south, pileau, pronounced per-loo.

Gwen said...

Jane cleaned the floor? On her hands and knees? Of her own free will? Did the semi-forced pre-Diana cleaning of your old apartment inspire you?

Anonymous said...

Gwen, please tell us a few more dirty little secrets about Jane's life in Korea. Did she not clean up after Mia went poopoo?

annie said...

Gwen - Yep, I thought of you as I did it. This was actually much easier to clean, as it wasn't ground in nearly as much as the dirt at Mr. Yu's. Seriously, that man needs to install some new floor-covering up there!

Gwen said...

Just imagine how easy it would have been with a few Magic Blocks! I love those things.