Monday, May 26, 2008

Further adventures at Dordoi Bazaar

I really cannot ever go back to Dordoi ever again. I am hardly what one would call a shopaholic; in fact, I’m usually pretty cheap. Unfortunately, markets and bazaars just break down my resolve. My previous (and first) trip to Dordoi Bazaar netted me three ridiculous and utterly impractical pairs of shoes. Afterwards I swore that I’d never go back. Apparently I lied.

Last Saturday Katy and I went to Dordoi for the purpose of buying black sandals. I made a point of bringing enough money to cover black sandals, lunch and transportation, figuring that way the massive amount of temptation would be rendered nonexistent. Unfortunately, Katy brought plenty of extra cash and kept saying, “I can pay for it and you can just pay me back.” Really, I can never go there ever again; my salary is too small for this nonsense. But check out what I got, as it’s awesome :-)


Photobucket
What I went there for in the first place...


Photobucket
Some lovely balls to decorate the kitchen...


Photobucket
How 'bout them apples?


Photobucket
And obviously I had to own this...

3 comments:

Pollyanna_H said...

Well, I guess you can treat the t-shirt as an English teaching accessory! And get people to describe the dress ("shoulder straps made of flowers" will be a useful phrase for future reference).

And as for parts of the body - 'broken ankle' could be EXTREMELY practical for the traveling Kyrystani ...

Unknown said...

If that dress didn't have a tag with your name on it when it was made I would be surprised. hehe Looks great.

Jamal Soltobaeva said...

Beautiful dress. I see you like bright colors, and they look nice on you.