Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lookee what I got!

I ordered three airline approved cargo pet carriers, which arrived yesterday. Now I can take my cats with me when I leave in November. I only ordered them a few weeks ago, and I was worried that they wouldn't make it in time (I'm still waiting for that fitted sheet my mom sent me in January...), but they reached Bishkek in record time. The kitties will have plenty of time to get used to the carriers before we ship out. I had initially planned to ship the three older cats in cargo and carry Heelix on board with me... but she's growing so fast, she may very well be bigger than Lucy by the time November rolls around. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Aww, cute!

I didn't even realize there were two cats in that one crate until the one jumped out.

Gwen said...

It seems mailing stuff to Bishkek is hit and miss!

So you have three carriers and four cats? Are you allowed to double up cats in one of the carriers? Any thoughts on how you're going to maneuver three pet carriers plus your luggage? I'm not trying to be discouraging, as I'm sure you'll manage. Just curious about the details.

Gwen said...

Wait- is that shoulder bag sitting on top of the hard carrier a carrier as well?

Matthew said...

Gwen:

I think that handbag is for smuggling a kitty or two on the plane. ;)

annie said...

Yeah, the shoulder bag is a carrier, too, and I'll be taking either Lucy or Heelix in it, depending on who is bigger come November.