Saturday, July 05, 2008

Smack!

The other day in one of my classes, while my students were quietly bent over their desks doing an exercise, the silence was broken by a loud WHUMP! We all turned and looked through the glass wall separating our classroom from the hallway... and there, dazedly stumbling about the hallway was a pigeon. It had flown in through the open window and smacked right into the glass, fishbowl-like wall of my classroom. I went out into the hall to see if it was OK, and as soon as it saw me, it recovered its wits an flapped right back out the open window. Then we noticed the "bird print" that it had left on our classroom wall - complete with a couple of feathers. The poor thing had been completely in full flight when it smacked into the wall. At least it was OK, if stunned. Check out the bird print though!
Photobucket


Photobucket

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Ahahahahhahaa! That made my day.

I LOL'd :p

Austin Charron said...

So does this mean you've won the battle of the window with copy girl?

don said...

As someone who works in the printing industry,.. I'd have to say, that's a great impression!

zanauku said...

Он убил себя об стену. Или по крайней мере попытался.

annie said...

Austin - yes!

zanauku - он попытался, но не успел. Он улетел.