Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mucking about in Clough's Bay

My mom and I went on a rather lengthy horseback ride on Sunday, through a rather swampy area just west of her land known as Clough's Bay. Let me show you some maps of where we went before I get into the pictures. Our route is marked in pink:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
It was a very sunny day. I remembered to take photos of my shadow,
but neglected to apply sunscreen...


Photobucket
We took the dogs Blix and Brin with us, and they had a ball.
(A good 40% of the "roads" we followed were underwater.)


Photobucket


Photobucket
We rode into some areas that were burnt during the fires of 2007.
(and yes, that's a "road" there!)


Photobucket
There's a lot of desolate land out here...


Photobucket
And we rode through it!


Photobucket


Photobucket
Some places really looked more like canals than roads...


Photobucket
Dr. Seuss Trees!!!


Photobucket
(At one point, mom decided to give her rear a break...)


Photobucket
This is what comes of not wearing sunscreen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was a picture of your butt, but Alex says it is your shoulder and now that he mentions it, I assume he's right! :)

Anonymous said...

And I guess your butt wouldn't get sun burnt riding a horse. But that t-shirt really looks like panties.

annie said...

I know it's a weird looking shot... but that's totally my SHOULDER, not my ass :-)