Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The process of winning over a feral kitty

The process of winning over a feral kitty can be a long and rather frustrating one. I would love to have a snuggly, purring kitten cuddling next to me, but for now I must content myself with one who watches me from across the room or from under the couch. I still don't even know if Charlie is a boy or a girl, as I haven't been able to catch him/her to check. Nonetheless, our relationship is definitely improving. S/he no longer immediately runs and hides upon seeing me, and we have even begun playing together. I have a mouse-on-a-string toy which s/he LOVES. If I sit on the bed a wield the toy over the edge, s/he will play for hours. I've yet to trick him/her into chasing the toy onto the bed while I'm sitting there, though! Anyway, below are two recent photos of Charlie, and one video of him/her and the toy. Enjoy!

DSCN0025


charlie2



(Sadly, he only appears twice in this video, but you'll get the idea)

No comments: