Friday, November 14, 2008

Animal Vlogging :-)

I've got a few cute animal videos to share with you today. The first one is Brin (our brindle-colored pit bull) licking the head of Ruffy, one very large, fluffy black cat.

Honey was supposed to be delivered on Friday, but as rain is predicted for Friday, her owners decided to bring her out yesterday instead. Merlin’s reaction to having a mare (in heat, no less) in his field was hilarious; it was as though he had forgotten that he was no longer a stallion. He worked himself into a sweat showing off for and chasing poor Honey, who – despite being in heat – didn’t seem too thrilled by all the attention. I’m going to give them a few days to get used to one another before I try riding Honey in her new home. In the meantime, here’s a video of their initial meeting:

Last night, as I was in bed reading, I heard a noise on the front porch. Thinking it might be cat wanting in, I went to the window and peeked out. Well, it wasn't a cat. This was what I saw:

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Dude, what is that thing? A possum? What kind of weird creatures are you growing in the South?

Also, that dog is super cute. I especially like how he puts an end to the videoing by coming over to lick YOU.

annie said...

That is totally a possum. I have at least three who think that the catfood is there just for them.