Friday, November 21, 2008

FAN-tastic

I meant to write about this a couple of days ago, but somehow I just didn't get around to it. I don't know how many of you out there read the comments section of each post, but you might recall that on this post, I received a comment telling me about how Hot Toddy's had closed in Waycross. (A totally distressing discovery by they way, as HT was really the only place in this town where I didn't mind hanging out.) Anyway, the comment was left by someone called bitingback, who was a complete stranger to me... until the other day when I went to Kroger on a secret mission to stock up on on-sale ice-cream. (I bought three gallons.) Kroger is connected to Church's Chicken, and as I walked in the door I heard, "Jane? Hi... I'm bitingback!" It was really quite amazing to meet a virtual fan in real life :-)

4 comments:

Ems said...

that is cool! I am assuming this individual recognized you from your profile pics...

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?? I wish I had fans. :)

Melissa

Gwen said...

Soon the Waycross paparazzi is going to be hot on your tracks.

I've been recognized around the neighborhood from my picture in advertisements, but I don't think those people were exactly fans. It's pretty easy to spot a random white girl in Banyawol.

annie said...

Hahaha, I think *I* am the Waycross paparazzi! :-)

Also, you just reminded me of my hairdressers in Banyawol who saved the Oedae flyer because it had my picture in it :-)