Monday, November 19, 2007

Curtains and Blinds

I finally hung my last blind today - my living room and office now have blinds and curtains that I like... and as a result it is very bright in here, which is wonderful. Yes, it took me two and a half months to do this. I'm a tad lazy. There are still two blinds I'd like to replace (spare bedroom and bathroom) as they came with the house and are obviously old and funny-colored. But I think I'll leave them for now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And in case you're interested in the rest of my hermitage:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My bedroom :-)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The spare bedroom, with its dungeon-like wood-paneling. Yuck.

The kitchen is so absurdly big it takes 3 photos to show it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kitchen left

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kitchen center
(There used to be this hideous wallpaper border around the top of the room... you can see I did a stellar job removing it. Trust me, this looks better than that wall paper!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kitchen right
(you can see them poorly tacked together as a panoramic
here)

8 comments:

Matthew said...

Wood paneling! It's everywhere! Aaaaaugh!


You should rip it out and have a bonfire :)

Anonymous said...

Do you need any 29 inch faux wood white horizontal blinds? They are thick and very nice. I bought them at a yard sale yesterday for $2 but we do not have any 29 inch windows. The guy said you could also probably use them on 30 inch windows, but all of our windows 24 inches and 36! :( Let me know and if so I'll bring them in December.

Melissa

annie said...

Matthew - I know! Who the hell thought that was a good idea?! The kind in the kitchen is the kind that can be painted over (Lowes has all sorts of info on how to do that so it looks good) - except I really hate painting. Sigh. The kind in the bedroom is textured and would have to be ripped out. Grrrr.

Melissa - YES! Thanks :-)

Matthew said...

Hi Jane!

You can get a ~$30 power paint roller from Lowes... It's easy to do because there's no rolling in a paint tray. Just press the button and start rolling.

annie said...

Matthew - That still leaves you with the *painting* part - and the whole trying not to accidentally get paint on things you're not painting. Gah. I've thus far painted half of one wall in that house mom and I are fixing up, and while I need to paint at least 3 1/2 more, it's hard to motivate myself to go back. Yuck.

DCP said...

Wow, your house looks like a real adult style home. I still have movie posters and action figures everywhere in my apartment.

Gwen said...

There is a serious lack of Doshirak labels bordering your kitchen walls.

annie said...

Glenn - That's because I'm older than you. And (also) not still in school. HOWEVER.... feel free to take me up on the Jane Keeler Fellowship - then you, too, can have an adult style house.

Gwen - I know! They're going to go where that wallpaper was (and still sort of is). As soon as I get it down, I'll put the Doshirak labels up.