Friday, October 05, 2007

Housing Project

No, not that kind of housing project. My mom recently purchased a house (located directly behind that green one I considered buying), with the intention of fixing it up and selling it at a profit. There's still a lot that needs to be done: painting, flooring, etc. I'm planning to start on painting the kitchen next week. I took a short video of the house for you to see. Several people have suggested that I move into this house, as it *is* located in a much better neighborhood than mine; however, you'll notice that this place is far from habitable at this point. Besides, my house is much better than this one, even if my neighborhood is lacking. Sadly, I don't have any photos of the exterior of our "extra house" - even though I *know* I've taken several, I can't find them anywhere! So for now the exterior of the house must remain a mystery to you. However, here's a complete tour of the inside. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Yikes. After helping with a remodel, and living with folks who obsessively watch Flip This House... A few tips:

1. Get cabinet doors (or even new cabinets) and new appliances for the kitchen
2. Get a pedestal sink for the bathroom, and an over-sink vanity mirror that opens up into a medicine chest.
Or...
2b. (Expand the bathroom!)
3. Hardwood in the livingroom (or if money is an issue.. laminate. Don't tell the Flip This House guys I said that :P)

annie said...

We're definitely planning on getting new appliances for the kitchen, as well as new cabinets, and we're planning on putting down laminate on the floor. Sadly, I don't think there's any way that bathroom could be expanded, and the sink unit is new too. That bathroom is tiny; all we can do really is paint it and fix the floor and hope no one minds the size!