Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Seriously, Waycross?

The City of Waycross is using my photos on its website without my permission. When I contacted their webmaster, the response I received was laughable. Read all about this absurdity by clicking here. Sigh.

UPDATE: They've removed my photos and replaced them with someone else's... and that someone else is also not receiving credit. Read more here.

UPDATE 2: I received this email this morning:

Good Morning Ms. Keeler, My name is Vance Roberts, IT director for the Southern Georgia Regional Commission. I read your E-Mail yesterday and agree with you -------- we should have obtained your permission for the photos. We downloaded from the web and were not aware of their copyright requirement. We apologize for using without permission. As of yesterday afternoon your photos have been replaced with our own photos. Hopefully this will take care of the problem! If you have any other questions, please let me know. Have a good day --------- Vance Roberts

Does it seem to anyone else that they just don't get it? Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane are you single?

Matthew J Killian said...

Jane,

Yup, this seems to be going around a lot lately. Not that it makes it right, but the least they could have done was credit you for the photo.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing great! Love the photography! Take care and keep in touch.

Matt

Boris McGee said...

Good for you...