Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Office Party

I do not normally eat fish or other seafood unless it has been battered and deep-fried. (I *love* fried shrimp.) I enjoy sushi rolls from time to time, but it helps that the fishiness is offset by rice. Of course, when one travels around the world, one must become accustomed to eating whatever presents itself... and, as my mother says: never turn down free food.

Yesterday evening was our office's New Year's party, which was held at a very nice seafood restaurant in East Daegu. Samson - Gwen's husband and my boss - had told me there would be things to eat other than fish... but apparently what he meant by that was 'other sea creatures.' Luckily for me, it was, for the most part, quite delicious.

DSC_0309
Appetizers


Fatty Sea Worm
This stuff - translated for me as 'fatty sea worm' - was still wriggling.
I did not attempt to eat it!


DSC_0322
You're supposed to suck the innards out of these. I tried one. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really worth repeating either, in my opinion.

DSC_0317
Plate o' raw fish #1

DSC_0324
Plate o' raw fish #2

1 comment:

ÁLVARO BÓMEZ CASTRO said...

Hi, congratulations on your blog. I am an educator and I live in Santa Marta, Colombia. I have a blog on literature and filiosofía magazine. Now I'm determined to draw up a list of authors and literary works by countries but have not found enough information about it in this country. If you can help, I appreciate it. If you want to visit my site address is:
http://alvarogomezcastro.over-blog.es
Thank you very much