Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow!

It doesn't usually snow in Daegu. It gets cold, sure. Sometimes there are flurries. Sometimes the snow even sticks for a few minutes... but actual snowfall? Nah. Not in Daegu.

Well, that's how things normally work here, anyway. But this December is apparently unusual. Snow has been falling - and sticking. Ambitious Koreans head out and shovel sidewalks (I mean, it's Daegu; there won't be more snowfall, right?) only to have more snow drift on in. It's nothing like the current situation in the northeastern US (or the usual in Russia or Kyrgyzstan), but it's definitely unusual for Daegu. The sun is out today, and the snow is slowly melting... but more snow is already in the forecast. Here are some photos, to give you an idea:

DSC_0215
This was the view out my front window when I awoke yesterday.

DSC_0218
Unused kimchi vats on my rooftop

DSC_0268
Thrown-away chair on my walk to work

DSC_0294
Backalley Banyawol in the snow

DSC_0285
Traditional home, Banyawol

DSC_0273
Mainstreet, Banyawol - on my walk to work

DSC_0240
My neighborhood park in the snow.

DSC_0242
This chick was building a mini-snowman in her hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so good photographer.^^
but i was sliding on the ice snow
and nose bleed. ㅠㅠ
i am ok now.