Thursday, April 26, 2007

Morena de mi Latte (and other visions from YouTube)

Am I the only waygook who has noticed this? Recently Maxim coffee (the Taster's Choice of Korea) has run a series of ads set to the song Cancion del Mariachi (also known as Morena de mi Corazon), featured in the opening sequence to the movie Desperado. This means that in addition to the plethora of annoying Korean commericals that are always getting stuck in my head (rushee and cashee, anyone?), I now have the soundtrack to Desperado playing in there as well. I found myself humming Cancion del Mariachi today in my class of second graders... who all then started singing the coffee commercial! Anyhow, thanks to the wonder that is YouTube, I can bring you this commercial:


Enjoy!

And here's the original clip from Desperado, if you're interested:

And just to random things up a bit,
here's something from six years ago that some of you may recognize:
(be patient - the first few seconds are black screen)

Also, this might be the best thing Bush has ever done:

8 comments:

DCP said...

Speaking of the solstice video, did I ever ask you if you had a copy of the ambient guitar stuff I did for it? I lost my master copy.

Gwen said...

I hadn't seen that Maxim ad. There is another Korean ad of some sort with the same Desperado song. I wish I could remember what it was for! There's some dude in it driving around lost in what looks like the Australian outbook.

annie said...

Glenn - you did ask, but since you've forgotten, here's my answer again: I probably have it, but it's in GA in a box somewhere. If you need it desperately, ask Alex... there are chances he has a copy still.

Gwen - you mean outback? :-) you've been here too long! actually, there are several different Maxim coffee ads, all of which feature this song. Only one was on YouTube, alas.

Rob said...

Ah the "rushee and cashee" commercials. The commercial jingle that is always in my head is the one with all the yellow phones that are being jumped over. Something like "Chingu, Chingu, Chinga-Chingu, rushee and cashee" hahaha.

annie said...

Aaack! I know EXACTLY which commercial you're talking about.

The weird thing is, back in August when I came here, their commercials said "Rush and Cash" - exactly like we would pronounce those words. Then about a month or so later they started the annoying "Rushee and Cashee" nonsense.

Rob said...

The one that makes me laugh the most is the "American Family" that keeps saying "Prime Loan" in an Australian accent.

annie said...

No kidding - I seriously can't hear the word "hyundai" without saying "hyundai capital prime loan"! Did you ever see the one with the Stepford-wife-esque white woman who just said "Hyundai Capital Prime Loan" over and over and over?

annie said...

In fact, here's the link to that one...