Friday, April 13, 2007

Tastes like chicken?

Last week my watch died on me, so I went on a quest for a crazy cartoon character watch. I found a really awesome Japanese kitty watch for the low price of $5, and I've been really quite pleased with it. Take a look:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anyhow, in the middle of the night last night I was awakened by the feel of sharp, pointy teeth digging into my wrist. Then I discovered Mia going to town on my watchband like it was the next best thing to the imported Japanese catfood with whole bite-sized shrimp that she gets for dinner.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks a lot, Mia.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

In case you were wondering, the words on the watch face literally say "anywhere, together" implying "Wherever we go, we go together."

Matthew said...

Hah! Typicaly Mia :)

annie said...

Thanks for the translation! I will continue going everywhere together with my watch until Mia chews through it completely.

I give it at least a few more days...

Melissa said...

"Anyhow, in the middle of the night last night I was awakened by the feel of sharp, pointy teeth digging into my wrist"

Ahhhhh! When I first read that I thought: WTF?! What kind of crazy alarm is that? Like ... I thought you had stumbled on a watch with mini alarm clock teeth or something. :) Wow, those creative Japanese watch makers ...

Heh. But it's all clear now ...

annie said...

Oh god - I just laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

I frequently think I should have an alarm clock that injects me with coffee 30 minutes before I want to get out of bed, but I suppose that's not really practical...