Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ahhh.... cold!

Today it was finally cold enough for me to break Big Orange out of storage. You remember Big Orange, right? Yes indeed... my fantabulous Russian winter coat. It was below freezing the entire day today here in Daegu, and I figured that meant that it was finally time for the orange down filled wonder to make its winter 2006-2007 appearance. Having spent so much time in Russia, I definitely developed an appreciation for cold. Even though I'm very grateful not to be experiencing a winter as harsh as last winter, I was looking forward to some genuine winter weather. Donning the coat (and matching woolen hat and scarf) is definitely a ritual, one which I performed innumerable times last year, and I really did miss it. I found the cold invigorating today. Just check out the temperature as I was walking home:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(from weather.com)

It was nice, but it won't stay this chilly for long. Check out the 10 day forecast for Daegu - it'll be warm again in no time. I do enjoy a real winter... but I'm from Florida. My first "real winter" was in Tennessee, my Freshman year of college, and my skinny Floridian ass thought it might very well die. I've certainly come a long way since then... but I'm must admit that while I'm enjoying this cold snap (and it is definitely a snap; on Christmas I spent hours outside without a coat), I'll be equally as willing to enjoy the warmer days that are on their way.

(PS - Don't forget to check out the BlogSupergroup. This week's topic? Stamps.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That coat is really, really orange. And so Korean!

I'm still wearing the green winter coat I bought from Litmus in 2005. And I'm in California now! It isn't as cold here, but I like how it makes me feel super toasty.