Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The new member of my family...

...is a dog. I bet you thought a cat lady like myself would never take a dog into her household, but I have. She came in to the shelter, abused and abandoned, and I didn't think she would make it through the night. I stayed up all night nursing her, forcing liquids and nutrients down her throat... and she made it. We thought she'd lost her left eye, although she has finally opened it. Not sure if she can see out of it though.

Photobucket
When I first brought her home

Photobucket
A sleeping beauty

Photobucket
Doing much better!


Meeting my mom's dogs

Photobucket
The SPCA sent me a towel, which I swear has my dog on it!

11 comments:

Gwen said...

OMG!!!! Who could ever abuse a sweet little guy like that?

Anonymous said...

I thought that you couldn't adopt pets??

Melissa

krayzykatlady said...

looks like a pom-chi... how big is she?

Brooke said...

It must have been a foul fiend, indeed, to have hurt such a cute little pup! I hope they get what's coming to them, the jerks! Grr... (And I'm not even a "dog person"!)

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a sweetie. I have dog envy. Kostia thinks one cat is plenty of pets for us.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! I brought home a mangy, sickly little pup a little over 2 years ago and now I couldn't imagine life without her. And she was just the beginning of the collection... :)

Jen said...

How freakin' cute is she!?
What's her name?

Diana said...

that first picture is HEARTBREAKING. Glad she's doing better...

annie said...

Melissa - apparently that's kind of a loose rule...

Megan - only ONE cat? nonsense! :)

Jen - I'm calling her Koala, because she looks so much like a koala bear.

Brooke said...

Omg WANT WANT WANT! Lookit the tail! So cute!

annie said...

She's probably about 8 weeks old. I'm starting to think she's some kind of shepherd mix, but at this point, it's hard to tell...