Sunday, January 18, 2009

Those damn beasts!

I wanted to do some work on the Spartan this afternoon, so, with Brin the pit bull and a tiny abused puppy that I'm pet-sitting for work, I drove out to the land. In the past, I've been able to open the gate and drive in without the horses coming anywhere near me. Today, Honey decided to charge through the gate (in between the fence and the car), and of course, Merlin followed after her. By the time I got out of the car, they were galloping down the road. Luckily, by "road" I mean dirt tracks through woods, which lead first to dirt roads through residential neighborhoods before getting anywhere near a highway. Still, they were going at full speed, and I didn't know what to do. In a panic, I called my mom, who sped over. It took us more than an hour (and the help of some people in the nearby neighborhoods) to catch them. I am exhausted...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are just stacks of street puppies here everywhere. It is quite insane. Between the street cats, dogs, cows, and pigs running around everywhere the street is always a very unique experience. I have been quite ill the past few days. Had to go the hospital which was an insanely traumatic experience that I would like to not have to experience again. I did get four pills to help me with my projectile vomiting and heinous anus. After 24 hours, I am just now starting to feel better, but I am very fatigued. I am a beautiful small city called Bundi and headed to Udiapur probably when I feel better.

Christopher

annie said...

I cannot believe you just used the phrase "heinous anus" on my blog.

Hope you feel better - I had that misery three times in Kyrgyzstan.

Kristina said...

Maybe you could install some kind of cheap fencing inside your gate, and make sort of an airlock big enough for your car to fit in?

P.S. A friend linked me to your Spartan blog, and I have been quietly keeping up with your project there. I think it's super cool.

K

annie said...

That's a great idea! (My mom actually has something like that at her house so she can get the van in and out of the backyard without the dogs escaping.) Although as with everything, money is an issue....