Saturday, January 03, 2009

In which I don't go to Connecticut

Melissa just got a job offer in Connecticut. For those of you who don't know, Melissa had been living in Orlando, FL. I had agreed to go with her to help take care of her baby until Alex (her husband) got up there in mid January. This agreement was based on me still being unemployed as of December 31st, the day we'd planned to leave. The humane society hired me on December 29th. Now we had simply assumed that given the economic climate, I would still be unemployed. As such, I had one of Melissa and Alex's cars here in Georgia. Alex has the other one in Orlando, and Melissa and the baby were car-less in North Carolina, where they were visiting Melissa's older sister. So on New Year's Eve, after I got off work, I drove Melissa's car to North Carolina. The next day, I rode back to Georgia with Melissa's sister who was going to Florida.... then this morning I went back to work. Meanwhile, Melissa and her niece left at roughly the same time to drive to Connecticut. Whew! Happy New Year everyone :-)

Photobucket
Melissa

Photobucket
Melissa and Madeline

Photobucket
Melissa's sister's super awesome dog

No comments: