Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Record snowfall!

I remember, early on in this trip, telling my cousin what he could expect out of the weather here in Daegu. "We might get a few snow flurries, but the snow never sticks here in the city." Hah. You might remember that back in December we had some crazy un-Daegu-like snowfall, and well, I awoke this morning to an even heftier blanket of the white stuff covering just about everything. Take a look:

DSC_0171
The view from my apartment, 1:45pm on 2/14/11

CSC_0188
On my walk to work

DSC_0179-1
Somebody obviously gave up on biking, and left this chained to a tree.

DSC_0182
Neighborhood park, where my cousin sometimes plays basketball

Meanwhile, in the northeastern province of Gangwon-do, they had a really absurd amount of snow (they're calling it a 'snow bomb') - check it:

'Snow-bomb' hits South Korea and Korea chaos after heaviest snowfall

2 comments:

JIW said...

Hi,
I am curious about the photos. The black frame you use...is this a setting on your camera or in photoshop? I am just wondering if my camera would have a similar setting.

thanks!

annie said...

it's totally photoshop :-)