Friday, December 07, 2007

Doggie Day

Mom and I took the three mutts (whom we are calling Brownie, Blackie and Brinny, as we've run out of name ideas) to the vet today. They are generally healthy. Emaciated and wormy, yes, and Blackie and Brownie had fevers, but there were no serious illnesses like heartworm or parvo or mange or anything. Since Brinny didn't have a fever, he got his initial shots, but the other two have to get theirs after their fevers go down (they're on antibiotics now). After we took them home I washed them, then we wormed them and gave them their meds and Advantage... I was thoroughly filthy by the time we were finished. I took some decent pictures of the three of them... so if any of you are interested in a dog, let me know. (The vet says they're probably about six months old.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Blackie (male, 6 mo)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Brownie (female, 6 mo)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Brinny (male, 6 mo)

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Again, not possible for me to adopt, but I'm trying to figure out which I should 'awwwwww' at more... Brownie or Blackie? Brinny looks like he should tear into an entire bag of kibble, but those Brownie eyes! and the Blackie noes! Too cute!

Maybe you should send an email to the CuteOverload webmistress, they post lots of cute things, maybe she'll post yer pups and adoption request?

http://www.cuteoverload.com/ (Another one of my daily blog addictions :x)

But you see, Jane, if you've got a dog, that just shows you're not a crazy cat lady! Maybe it's a blessing in surprise? ;)

annie said...

Aw, I think Brinny's a cutie too! And since they live with my mom, I'm still a cat lady. Also, since she has more cats than I do (dogs are outnumbered more than 2:1), she's still a cat lady as well!

Jelly said...

I'm going to send these pics to my aunt and uncle in Canada. They're in the market for a dog, as their beautiful black lab mix passed away suddenly a few months ago. I think they're going to fall in love with Blackie. I wonder if it's possible to get them sent northly? They're all SO cute!

Matthew said...

It should be possible to get them sent northly. Just bring documentation of their shots, I think.

I'd search on Google for importing domestic animals into Canada.

Canada Customs currently goes under the name CCRA, Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.

annie said...

Of course, given how they look right now, it might be a while before customs of any country would let them in, poor things.