Saturday, December 29, 2007

Of blinds and beasts and ballots cast...

I'm leaving for Kyrgyzstan on SUNDAY. Having only two days left to enjoy life in the Deep South, how do you think I spent my afternoon? Hanging blinds. No, this was not my idea. Since the only substantial bit of home improvement I've conducted at my house in the four months I've been home was the hanging of new blinds and curtains, mom thought I'd be an expert. Little did she know... We did manage to get four blinds hung in her bedroom, although it took pretty much all afternoon. Then I went home and took a nap. Oh, the excitement!

Photobucket
Success!

Photobucket
Pewter took it upon himself to guard the blinds.

Photobucket
Look out... it's the Mongrel Horde! (Get it?)
Shiva (second from left) has totally taken the puppies under her wing.


Photobucket
I cast my advance ballot for the presidential primary today, and filled out the necessary paperwork to have my absentee ballots shipped to Kyrgyzstan. I'm not entirely convinced that I will actually receive said ballots, especially given my past experiences with disenfranchisement, but we shall see.

No comments: