Sunday, December 28, 2008

Adventures on December 25th and 26th

On Thursday, mom and I left Waycross and drove down to Frank's house in north Florida. About an hour into the drive, we passed through the small community of Stockton, GA, and decided to stop and check out the old school building:

Photobucket
It was boarded up, but not locked...
so we went inside.

Photobucket
Someone's using the main auditorium for storage and woodworking.

Photobucket
The classrooms were pitch black and I didn't have my flashlight, so I just stuck my camera in and snapped and checked out what I got later.

Photobucket
This room has a blackboard that still has writing! If I'd known it was in there, I would've gotten a clearer shot so I could read it!

Photobucket
I liked this shot, looking out the exit.

Photobucket
The weather in Florida was hot and sunny - t-shirt weather!

Photobucket
And mushroom photography weather

Frank collects old cars... so while he and mom were working on dinner, I poked around in his garages:

Photobucket
Frank's Studebaker

Photobucket
Frank's Packard

Photobucket
Frank's Ford

Photobucket
Frank's Corvette

Photobucket
Frank's 1927 Chevy

For some reason I neglected to take a picture of our dinner - it was absolutely delicious and I ate more in one sitting than I can ever remember doing! But moving on to the next day...

Photobucket
Leaving Frank's the next day, we passed this super awesome tiny trailer that MUST be a relative of my Spartan. I would *love* to own it.

Mom and I had to go to Lake City to pick up a car (long story) and on the way there we passed a Mosque - in Columbia County! I was quite impressed, as I'd had no idea there were enough Muslims in the area to warrant a mosque... and I was impressed by the fact that it hadn't been torn down by any of the Christian fundies who make up so much of the population down there!

Photobucket

After taking pictures of the mosque, we decided to drive by our old home to see what it looked like. We drove through the long loop driveway. The two videos below aren't too great and will probably only be of interest to people who knew me when I used to live there.



We stopped at Chris's to pick up Melissa's car... just in time to meet a stray cat that wandered up. I took him home with me, and I've named him Krosp, after the King of Cats.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I really do hope that this cat was a stray and not a neighabor cat. I would hate to know that some little girl is desparately looking for her little snowball or even worse some little old woman is looking for furball and has now lost her joy of life since everything has just ran off and left her :-) He is cute as can be, but I honestly do not know where he came from. Where is the mosque at? It looks really cool.

Christopher

annie said...

Chris - how come you weren't that concerned about the cat when it was at your house? Anyway, it was too hungry, dirty and flea-bitten to have been being taken care of properly.

The mosque is on 90 West, before you get to the border with Suwannee County.