Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Where are the mythical makeup wearing men?

From the same text book that brought you pot plants,
I give you the makeup for men chapter.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Mike likes to wear make-up. He is not trying to be a woman.
He just wants to look good"


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Meanwhile, this article from the English language newspaper for kids,
the Junior Herald, is currently on display in the lobby of our school.

So seriously, where are these make-up wearing dudes? 'Cause I think that's rather hot, and I most certainly haven't seen any around these parts.

In other - completely unrelated - news, there's a middle-aged fellow who runs a fish-bread stand along my way to work. Fish bread sounds totally disgusting, I know, but I love this stuff. Trust me, there is NO FISH in it whatsoever. It's this yummy fried bread stuffed with a sweet black bean filling. So good. Anyway, the man who sells them is really nice, and always says hello to me on my way to work, and on my way home (on the days when he's still open that late). Anyway, today he gave me four of these yummy fishies for free. (You can't tell from the picture but they're pretty big.) This is why Korea is awesome.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! You have some good books at your school! Nothing fun like that in ours. The only thing I find are lots of mistakes where I tell my kids "The book says (bla bla bla) but what it actually means is (bla bla bla)."

PS. Whats up with like half the pastries here filled with black/red beans? Nothing like getting a big bite of beans when you think its going to be chocolate haha. My super favorite snacks are the pastries that have the cinnamon/sugar mix that is flattened and fried. YUM!

Rob

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Your fish pastries sound a lot like the fried pastries in China. Although China has many fried pastries. They also have a number with sweet red bean paste. Like Rob, I was a little disoriented when I bit into my first one, but they kind of grow on you. Eventually, I enjoyed one every now and then, but I really miss my mahwah. Oh my God that was the best honey friend roll/ twist bread that I have ever eaten. Sadly, none of mine came in the shape of a fish :-( I will also have to admit that the book is pretty darn funny s its the poster. Maybe they are talking about the meterosexual trend though I am not sure that I believe in meterosexuals as much as I believe in cross dressers. But, I am also not one to judge and if they want to glam up, I say go for it. If it makes you happy right! Oh well, time to start reading. Enjoy your fishies.

Christopher

annie said...

Rob - We've got a few books like that too; comes with the territory. I LOVE those pastries you're talking about, but trust me, the beanie ones will grow on you.

Chris - you would love the various pastries they sell here. You and Claire should come to Korea. Seriously.

Unknown said...

I'm just browsing the pictures now, I'm sure the discussion on makeup-wearing men is fascinating but I'm feeling lazy and the fish cookie immediately caught my eye--YUM. Those are awesome. It's all about the red beans, man.

Motherland!!!!
Moosh