Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another update from a contact in Kyrgyzstan

Never thought this would happen why I was here but can't say I didn't see this coming.

I lived in Jalalabad for 2yrs but have been in Kant since January so I've gotten a taste of both the north and south vibe. I'm sure you've found out about last night's disturbances outside B[ishkek].

Last few days, I've been getting comments about the low level of education the new government seems to possess.for instance, some Kyrgyz told me Otunbaeva's Kyrgyz is bad. Of course, some Russians tell me her Russian is bad so there's a lot of bias mixed in there. At least it's consistent ;0

I've even heard "grass is greener on the side" comments bout Akaev.

If you're outside B[ishkek], [Jalala]bad, or Osh, or Talas you don't notice much. Though from what I hear Talas is still without a police force. I guess 50% control of the nation equates to 100% for the new govt?

The south, well, is the south. The majority didn't like the old prez and they don't the new one either. Well, that's how the majority of the country feel anyways lol

One thing is certain, however. If a certain someone [Bakiev] tries to come back anytime soon, 'there will be blood'.

No comments: