Saturday, April 03, 2010

An awesome youtube series on the 'stans

I wish my friends and I could go back to K-stan and make a video series... granted, ours would probably be focused on things like haggling for taxis, avoiding being mauled by wolves, drinking tan, and finding not completely abysmal cat litter. I've linked below to their videos on Kyrgyzstan, although they visit the other 'stans as well. When they visit places I've been - and stand places I've stood - I find myself feeling thoroughly bummed that I'm here in Waycross instead of living in Kyrgyzstan. And then when they visit places in K-stan I didn't make it to (such as villages-cum-radioactive-waste-dumps), I feel insanely jealous. Sigh.



(I found the part about the US base kind of boring...
I recommend skipping ahead to the search for rdioactive waste)


5 comments:

Gwen said...

There was a documentary on EBS about Kyrgyzstan this week. So beautiful!

annie said...

Did it mention the fact that there's a huge Korean expat population in Bishkek? Or the fact that there's now a non-stop Seoul to Bishkek flight? *sigh* and yeah, so beautiful. Kinda radioactive though....

Gwen said...

Actually, no. I was expecting that though since you'd mentioned it before.

Carissa Peck said...

Just wanted to leave you a brief "thanks" I am possibly accepting a contract for the London School and have been scouting out information before I accept or decline. Its always great to read through someone else's thoughts.

annie said...

Definitely read through my K-stan posts; it'll give you a good idea of what life in Bishkek and working at the school is life. I do miss living there :-)