Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The Case of the Disappearing Asses

As you may know, ever since some unknown time prior to the purchase of my house, someone defaced the street signs on my corner... which meant that in 2006 I purchased a home located on the corner of Ass and Ass. Four years passed, and yet Ass and Ass remained.

I used to live on the corner of Ass and Ass

Just yesterday, I complained about my street signs in the comment section of this post over on the Waycross, GA blog - and somebody important must've been paying attention, because take a look at what happened today:

This morning a truck from the City showed up...

...and gave me new signs!!

My house, no longer on the corner of Ass and Ass

4 comments:

M Lange said...

"G Street"? There's gotta be a story behind that. I had to look on Google Maps to see if you were playing some Photoshop tricks or something :P

But honestly, what kind of town names a street "G"?

Oh, on second look, it seems the answer would be "The same kind of town that names streets I, J, K, L and M.

annie said...

Yep, exactly. Why be creative when we have letters of the alphabet?

John from Daejeon said...

The reason for letters/numbers/trees is because they don't offend/polarize the way that streets named after people do.

Gwen said...

I'm not living there/looking at it daily, but I was amused by the corner of Ass and Ass.

However, I realize it wasn't very motivational for or respectful to some of the more downtrodden folks in the neighborhood. People should be able to take pride in where they live, even if it's not in a fancy-shmancy part of town. So... good riddance! Be careful, though. One of our mutual friends may accuse you of gentrifying the place :-)