Thursday, September 23, 2010

Backalley Banyawol

Today, day three of my six-day Chuseok vacation, started out kind of dreary, as yesterday's storm was still in the process of moving on out. As such, I decided to stick close to home, in case said storm decided to stick around. In the end, today proved to be an absolutely incredible day weather-wise. I used this opportunity to walk around and take photographs of my neighborhood of East Daegu, Banyawol. Being out near the edge of the city, Banyawol is in many ways very laid back, underdeveloped, and decaying - despite the recent arrival of 4000 new apartments in complexes such as Gwen's and the absurdly enormous and overpriced Lotte Plaza. I had expected, after seeing the recent development in Banyawol, that the abandoned buildings I had photographed back in 2007 would've been torn down by now. Oddly enough, they hadn't been. Unfortunately, they had been walled off so that I couldn't get in and poke around like I had done before. Nonetheless, I did get some interesting photos. The complete set can be viewed by clicking here, and a selection of my favorites is below.

banyawol1

spider3

banyawol24

banyawol19

banyawol14

banyawol3

No comments: