Sunday, September 05, 2010

A very American Saturday in Busan

Yesterday I took a day trip down to Busan to meet up with Steve, Rob (no worries; not that Rob!), and a couple of some of their coworkers (all American). I took the bus down there - forgetting until I was already on the bus that the terminus for the Daegu-Busan route is at Nopo-dong, the northern-most subway station in Busan, and rather a long way from Busan Station where I was planning to meet the guys. Ooops. C'est la vie.

from the bus on my way to Busan
A view from the bus window

From Nopo-dong, I took the subway an hour long ride down to Busan Station. I took a bunch of photos of the new fountain in Busan Station Plaza before meeting up with my travel companions of the day. The image below is my favorite of the fountain shots.

Fountain in the plaza in front of Busan Station

The five of us took the subway out to Haeundae Beach ("the Riviera of Korea"). The guys got set up with hotel rooms, and we spent the remainder of the afternoon and early evening wandering about the Haeundae area. Some of the photos I took are below; the full set of pictures can be viewed by clicking here.

USAF dudes, looking for lodging

My USAF collection, Haeundae Beach@ dusk

Haeundae Beach@ dusk

Haeundae Beach @ night

Since I'm currently pet-sitting Songi, I had to make it back to Daegu in time to feed her and take her for her evening walk, so at 8:30 I left Haeundae, and took the subway back to Busan Station in time to catch the last train of the day back to Daegu.

I took the last train of the evening home to Daegu

No comments: