Sunday, October 29, 2006

Almost Halloween!

I know I haven't written too much recently, but to be honest, I haven't done much. I've found myself a week shy of payday with just under $30 in my pocket (yay, mortgage payments!) and well, doing just about anything costs money. Hanging out in my apartment reading books and watching CSI and/or Pirates of the Caribbean, well that's free of charge entertainment. Luckily for you guys, Halloween is fast approaching, which gives me something to occupy my free time without causing a drain on the finances. Gwen and Samson and I spent today (yes, I am aware that today is Sunday, and not a workday...) decorating the school for tomorrow's Halloween party. Yes, we're also aware that Halloween is on Tuesday, not Monday, but we figured the MWF students would be more appreciative of a Halloween party than the uber serious bookworm TT types. I promise to take plenty of pictures of tomorrow's festivities - including shots of me in the thrice resurrected Blue Alien ("Space Whore") costume. But for today, let me share with you some images of our decorative handiwork. Please keep in mind that Gwen and I are about the least arts-and-craftsy people on the planet, so I for one am pleased with the results. Also, great thanks go out to Gwen's mom and to Linda, without whom our decorative attempts would be even more ghetto.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As seen from the outside. The bank people we share the building with
are going to think we've gone nuts.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hooray for free coloring book downloads on the Internet!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Linda, check out our bulletin board :-)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Halloween bouquet...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The skull looks terrified!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is supposed to be a heart balloon, if blown up full size.
We thought it made a great devil.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Glenn, this one's for you. It's going to terrify the kiddies.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

I'd be pretty happy if I had $30 left a week before payday...you know how we roll here in Vladimir.

annie said...

True... but things are a tad pricier here than in Vladimir...

annie said...

pumpkin pie!!

[jane does the happy dance]

:-)

Aaron said...

Wow, even more Halloween fun...I don't know about the kiddies, but that last pic scared me!

Anonymous said...

I love the devil baloon. It is quite creative. Who said you did not have a crafty bone in your body. I have seen some of your creative genious, and it may not be Martha Stewart esque, but it is all you and that is quite origional and talented.

Christopher

DCP said...

Hah! On Saturday night after Ginny and I went to a Halloween party, I was dressed up in my zombie makeup still and we had to stop at the grocery store. This little 2 or 3 year old kid saw me and started sobbing. It was kind of sad, but then again, I didn't want him to start laughing or something.