Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Goddess of Shameless Plugs

Layla (who is AWESOME, by the way) has dubbed me the Goddess of Shameless Plugs in response to my latest bit of self-promotion. How can I argue with that? I mean, she called me a goddess. And of course, that leads me to a little post in the self-promotion department. (Surprise!) Those of you who are on my mailing list have already received this request for assistance, so this post is directed at the rest of you:

I have entered a photo contest hosted by JPG Magazine. They have chosen three categories: Tourist, Embrace the Blur, and Intimate, and will publish an unknown number of winners for each category in their next issue. Winners receive $100 and a free subscription. Not to mention they get their photos published in a slick zine. Please click on the photos below and vote as to whether or not you think they belong in each category. (Yes, you can vote for all three.) Also: you must register for your vote to count. Please do this - a registration page will pop up after you vote - it's free and easy to register. Thank you so much for your help!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Left: Intimate Insects (category: intimate) click to vote
Center: Memories are hazy (category: embrace the blur) click to vote
Right: Cathedrals at Dusk (catrgory: tourist) click to vote

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA.

L.

Anonymous said...

Three things.

1. Nina M. says hello and also that your life in Korea sounds very wonderful (she asks me about your blog from time to time)

2. It's totally bizarre that you have Everyone Drunk But Me on your blogs to read list. I worked with the girl who draws it this summer at a Russian language camp.

3. One of your former ZIIs, Anya says hello. I think she was also saying something about how you guys got semi-tipsy at your last get-together.

Okay, four things.

4. The wine glass picture is awesome.

-Amanda