Saturday, October 14, 2006

Trouble Everyday!

I found another Konglish gem today, and I bought this one today... not because I love puffy sleeves (hate them with a passion, actually) but because as a Konglish souvenir, this one is hilarious. You can't really notice the hilarity from a distance:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


But if you look a little closer, say, just below the collar:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A hip hop Lad Macbeth? (Not lady... lad) - and either way,
"she is very fucking angry indeed"

Next, take a look at a close-up of the fine print below the "trouble everyday":

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chunkily-penised boys? Slut literacy?
Have I mentioned how conservative people in Korea (especially Daegu) are?
There's no way this would be printed on a shirt in Korean...
Yet there was a whole rack for sale in "English"!

Of course, throughout the small-print of the shirt, there are so many Konglishisms: restautant, gossops, frunful, yeat, matterd, deflant, fernism, genuiney, neathy, etc.

I can't imagine I'll ever actually wear this in public or anything.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, this is not related to todays comments, but I thought that you would like to know this as you are concerned about the issue. Maybe, you could refer visitors to your posts on the subject again. I saw my first national advertisment today on net neutrality and how it was bad for the consumer. It was set up like a political advertisement, so I am not sure if Kentucky or anyone is voting on the Bill, but it was intresting. Can you believe that Bullshit. I suppose that the multiconglomerates are working one way or another to try and get there way. Nothing new, just the same old damn thing. Hope that all is well. I like the shirt by the way.

Christopher

Anonymous said...

Yeah -- nice shirt.

DCP said...

Jane, in addition to toy guns, can you also find me a shirt?

I'll buy you a texas steer or something, I swear.

Anonymous said...

you're hot

Anonymous said...

Yeah - you know, slut literacy. Promoting the literacy of sluts - mainly just condom packages and birth control directions, but if you'd put it on something they see all the time (chunky penis?) maybe they'd read something else - Moby Dick perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Your shirt is absolutely HILARIOUS!

Speaking of uh...interesting English, check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6052800.stm to read about about how Beijing is trying to crack down on Chinglish before the 2008 Olympics. (I say why crack down on a free source of entertainment for English-speaking tourists? I mean, isn't Chinglish by and large considered one of China's charms by now, anyway?)

-Brooke S.

annie said...

thanks for the link brooke! that article is absolutely hilarious!! makes me want to go to china NOW before they go and muck everything up by removing all the cool chinglish.

Anonymous said...

Having just been in China, I can report that Chinglish is alive and well. :) I took a couple of pictures for you. And the characters that they have created for the Olympics are hilariously adorable.
~the other Brooke

Jelly said...

Holy crap, that shirt is hilarious!!