Friday, August 03, 2007

Happy Anniversary! (And some Siberia stuff)

I have been in Korea for a full year now! I can hardly believe it - time has flown! It seems like just the other day I was in Russia... and now I have been here for a full year. Wow.

Speaking of Russia, owing to the popularity of my Siberia photo (er, see the previous post if you're confused), I've decided to submit a Siberia photo collection and essay to the Passport theme at JPG Magazine. Sadly, you can only submit 10 photos, so I decided to limit my photo-essay to Lake Baikal and Olkhon Island. Please check it out - and don't forget to VOTE! (Remember, you must be registered/signed-in for your vote to count, but registration is free and easy.)

I would still like to submit a single photo to the Passport theme as well. I'm not sure if I should submit one of the Siberia photo-essay photos, or if I should submit something different. Please let me know what you think - your advice will most definitely be appreciated!

Surreal Siberia

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. I signed up to JPG Magazine and voted for your Surreal Siberia.

As far as photo sites go, I like Flickr a whole lot more than JPG. I'm not sure what the point of JPG is other than having photo contests.

Anonymous said...

This might be an interesting alternative to Russia.

http://www.eslplaza.com/job/job_view.php?cate=job&t_name=inter&idx=2734&gotoPage=1

Teach In The Ukraine - Kyiv, Karkiv, Dnipropetrovsk for $1,000 U.S. per month

annie said...

Greenface - thank you for voting! I agree, as far as a photo site, flickr is much better. The cool thing about JPG is that the selected photos are actually published in JPG Magazine. And if your photo's published, you get $100 :-)

John - Thanks for the link - I'd LOVE to work in Ukrane at some point. Of course, I'm planning on taking 5-6 months off before I start on my next job, wherever that will be!

Anonymous said...

How have you been here for a year and not left yet? Did you do a visa run or what?

I just signed my new contract and got my re-entry permit to return once my vacation is over. 10 more teaching days to go 'til I hit the sunny beachs of South Padre Island, Texas and then Cancun, Mexico for nearly two joyous weeks.

annie said...

If you're not signing a new contract, just extending for a short period, you simply have to file some paperwork with Immigration. I'm now approved to be here through early September (I'm heading home on September 6)