Monday, December 01, 2008

Duck Day and Black Friday

On Thursday, Mom and I drove down to Florida to spend Thanksgiving with Frank. He had promised to cook us duck, and to be honest, I wasn't too thrilled by the prospect. Now, I'm not too big a fan of turkey, so it wasn't like I was worried about missing out on that, it's just that the few times I'd eaten duck, I hadn't really enjoyed it. Well, Thursday changed my views on duck forever. He cooked it just like you'd cook a turkey (stuffing and all) and it totally blew all previous Thanksgiving turkey experiences out of the water. So. Delicous. From here on out, I'm through with the Thanksgiving turkey. Duck Day it is!

Photobucket
Sweet potatoes, rutabaga, cranberry sauce, stuffing, duck, and apple slices :-)

The next morning, I drove to Macclenny, FL and met up with Melissa and Alex and their baby, Madeline. She was born in March, and this was my first chance to see her. I'm not a baby person, but I utterly adore Madeline. She is adorable, funny and well-behaved. And she loves the camera.

Photobucket
Melissa and Madeline


Photobucket
Alex and Madeline


Photobucket
Me and Madeline


Photobucket
Madeline

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the camera-friendly babies :)