Monday, December 01, 2008

My car is not meant for this!

It has been raining for the past two days. Our land, where the horses live, is located at the end of a dirt road, and the land out there is pretty low-lying - we're on the outskirts of the Okefenokee Swamp after all! I've been driving out twice a day to feed the horses ever since I got back to the US... which wasn't a problem until the rain hit.

Photobucket
Just to remind you: this is my car, a 2003 Toyota Echo.
As you might guess, it does not have four-wheel drive!


Photobucket
This is the first part of the road, which is actually the most difficult when wet.


Photobucket
This part of the road is mostly dry...
except for the lakes that form when it rains.


Photobucket
And the poor horses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek! Poor car! (And horses)

Just be sure to take the lake nice and slow, and make sure it's shallow enough. Otherwise, you could end up with one dead car.

Unknown said...

I have seen a car like that somewhere hehe. It does not like to be off the flat and even pavement very much. ;)

annie said...

I think this is probably the only Echo in the history of Echo-kind that has been "mudding" :-)