Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cancelling Christmas.

This is more of a general announcement than anything else: my mother and I have decided to cancel Christmas this year. Now, as we're not Christians, what this means is that we're foregoing the annual paganesque tree and gift giving exchange. See, I'm unemployed and have no money. Literally no money. My mother is supporting me. She is employed, but it's not like she's wealthy or anything. As such it seems silly to spend money sending out cards (which is just a waste of paper anyway) and buying presents we can't afford. This does not, however, preclude us from dining at Frank's on December 25th, nor does it preclude me from dressing as an elf. Anyway, if you were expecting a card and/or gift from me this year, and you don't receive one, please do not feel offended.

No comments: