Saturday, November 04, 2006

Gwen and I went in search of fall foliage today....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
...and we found some!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The reds were so brilliant.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was me getting creative with the camera.
(No photoshop - simply spun the camera while shooting)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mmmmm....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I climbed one of the trees.
(I mean, Joanna wasn't around, so someone had to...)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some of the trees along the roadside were strung with lanterns.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
More lantern goodness.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We spotted this last vestige of summer,
in the process of fading away.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

really gorgeous pics...hard to believe you could turn such a perfect circle!

annie said...

Thanks, both of you!

(adeline - I agree! I was surprised it turned out so well.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, me too. I love the swirl. Can you upload it somewhere so that I order a large print?
Melissa

Pia said...

I really do have your second pic as my laptop's wallpaper.

Awesome work. I saw a poster of Daegu at Seoul Station and where you live looks so beautiful.

I should just do a search on your site, but I'm feeling lazy. What camera do you use again?

annie said...

Cool! It's actually currently my wallpaper as well :-)

I use a Nikon Coolpix. It's about two years old, and I must admit that I caught myself drooling over the latest model in E-Mart the other day. Of course, I'm planning on buying a "real" (expensive) camera with lenses and filters and stuff the next time around.

As far as Daegu goes, parts of it really are beautiful... but most of it looks just like Seoul or any other large South Korean city. The trick is in the hunting for the beautiful places :-)

Joanna said...

Good move climbing the tree. I bet you're sore, you old fart :)