Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful for Korean COSTCO and Gwen's membership therein

Several people have emailed me over the last few days to ask how I would be spending Thanksgiving here in Korea... to which I replied that Korean Thanksgiving (Chuseok) was last month. Today was just a normal day, much like any other. I had hoped to be able to say that I was thankful for the death of nasty germs which have taken up residence within my sinuses, making the past few days one lengthy sinus headache from hell, but alas, they're still in residence. Seriously, what do you do when Sudafed doesn't make a difference? Ouch.

While Wal-Mart may not have been able to survive in South Korea, COSTCO seems to be doing well enough. Gwen has a COSTCO membership, and periodically gives me extras on whatever foodstuff she happens to buy in bulk. Most recently, it was Mexican food - namely cheese, salsa and tortilla chips. With a bit of culinary creativity and various ingredients found at the local NAIS Mart, I created a scrumptiously spicy and cheesy rice and bean dish. Not your traditional Thanksgiving feast, but yummy, yummy. Happy Thanksgiving!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second shot looks like 3 AM drunken hurl.

annie said...

wow - thanks for tarnishing that memory.