Sunday, November 05, 2006

Instant Crack for the Russophile

Misha, wondrous man that he is, thought to search YouTube for Vinni Pookh (Russian Winnie the Pooh) - and he found them! I can't believe it didn't occur to me to do this. Anyway, I just thought I would share the following videos with you. They make me laugh - and make me feel unbelievably homesick for Russia. (And they make me crave beer cheese like mad. If anyone in Russia can figure out how to get beer cheese to Korea without it spoiling in transit, I will love them forever.) Anyhow, if you speak Russian, you'll love these. If you don't, but are familiar with the Winnie the Pooh stories, you should be able to follow along. Enjoy! (The endings and beginnings tend to run together, so if one seems to be missing an ending, simply click on the next one!)


The Honey Tree ("I'm just a little black rain cloud.")



Pookh and Petachok (piglet) visit Krolik (rabbit),
and Pookh gets stuck in the door.


Eeya's (Eeyore's) birthday / Eeya loses his tail (Part 1)


Eeya's (Eeyore's) birthday / Eeya loses his tail (Part 2)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love it
havent watched them all, i would like to show them to some of my students or share them with the russian literacy teacher.

annie said...

I can't stop watching them myself - I pretty much know them by heart.

Anonymous said...

I love the graphics. The animation seems so fresh and unique. Quite beautiful. By the way, when you say beer cheese, what do you mean? I make beer cheese myself as well as beer cheese soup, but I am not sure that they are the same, and I think that they are probably not. Mine is made with beer and cheese, so if this sounds familiar, I can send you a recipe. Hope that all is well.

Christopher

Anonymous said...

Mama....Mamichka!

Sniffle.

I miss those beer cheesey hours in the basement.

~Brooke

Alice said...

Spasibo! :)