Thursday, June 28, 2007

I must reek of catnip or something.

I mentioned the other day that there was a stray cat, Gray Stray, hanging out on the back walkway of my apartment. Well, it turns out that Gray Stray is the mother of Gray Kitten and Orange Kitten, and they live in the attic space on the roof of Mr. Yu's villa. The kittens flee the moment they see me, and the mother cat defends them from me by hissing ferociously. I've been feeding them regularly, and I hope that the kittens are young enough that I might grow on them. Ideally, I'd like to catch the kittens and take them to KAPS. As an adult feral, the best thing to do for the mother would be to get her spayed and then release her, although I'm doubtful that I'll have any success catching her.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So far, this is the only image I have of them.
It's the two babies nursing on the mother,
although from that image you can't really tell.

1 comment:

Silverstar said...

Hi,
Newbie here. Neat picture, its creepy how glowing those cats eyes are. It would be good if you could catch her to get her fixed, since stray cats and dogs are such a problem globally. Best of luck!