Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Oh, the things we teach!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Spiders freak me out. They give me the willies, the heebie-jeebies. They make me call for my mommy. (Seriously, she can verify this!) But the spider in that picture is damn cute. And it also looks nothing like a real black widow spider - aside from the whole it-being-a-spider thing. And... Black Widow Spiders can kill you! They shouldn't be your pet!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Now, I agree - people have to be careful with online chatting... but, um... should you really stalk the potential child molester? No, you shouldn't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not scare of spiders, but I grew up terrified of black widow spiders! Anytime I just a bite of anykind (which was often living in FL), my mom would say "Oh no, I hope it's not a black widow spider!" I'm not sure why she was so focused on them. Also, anytime anywhere in the middle of my body hurt she would say "I hope your spleen's not going to burst!" And anytime I had an itch she would say "I hope it's not scabbies!" It wasn't until college that I learned that black widow spiders, bursting spleens, and scabbies are not typical day-to-day concerns!

Melissa

annie said...

My parents were pretty big on warning me about black widow spiders too. (They never mentioned my spleen or scabies... although they were rather obsessed with my bowel movements, as I'm sure you remember!) Of course, out where I lived we often did find black widow spiders, so it was probably a valid concern.