Monday, January 15, 2007

Not my day.

I am a sleep addict. If I don't set an alarm, I will sleep for twelve straight hours, if not more. Usually I set my alarm on the weekends, just so as not to sleep away my free time. I didn't do that this weekend, feeling that after a full week of waking up ass early for 12 hour workdays, I'd reward myself with (as Moosh put it) a 48 hour coma. You'd think that after such a restful weekend (and after going to bed before eleven) I wouldn't have had any trouble waking up this morning. I remember both (yes, I said both) of my alarms going off... I remember hitting snooze (I am incapable of waking up without first hitting snooze repeatedly) - and after that I remember nothing but a warm, blissful dreamworld, followed by the shrill ringing of the telephone. It was Gwen calling to see where I was, as it was 9:25, and my first class was set to start in five minutes. Fifteen minutes later I was standing in front of my first class, no makeup, no deoderant, hair uncombed, no breakfast, no caffeine.... Ugh. What a way to start the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when that happens! I had a similar experience last semester when I went home to take a nap before a final exam and then did wake up! I ended up at school in much the same state. (BTW--have I mentioned that I've decided that I might want to go into academia, afterall.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Oh God, that happened to me twice. Fortunately I made it to my classes just a few minutes later, but looked like a total wreck.

Hope the rest of your week works out.